Friday, June 17, 2011

4 Trials done and more to come

It has been a whole month since I wrote about the first trial of the year which was a bit of a disaster, so Mama had big expectations for the next one. Well it was very nice weather for the big trial at Guides Canins. We had 16 runs over 4 days which is not too much for me, I don't know about Mama, she seems to get a bit tired before I do. Out of all those runs I finally managed to get my first Q in Master Gambler. Mama nearly fainted, she does not really trust herself to get me in the right direction with her "outs" but this time it worked just fine and I got a millions treats and "good girls" both from Mama and Auntie Mary. But that was all we managed to get. Even though the first gambler was an achievement I do think I could (and Mama too) have done better. At one point I heard Mama talking to my teacher Yael, they were talking about changing to me "special" not because I can't jump the 16" but because then they can change me to Veteran next year.
I believe Mama did it because at the next trial at Terrebonne  the 29th of May, the jumps were down to 10".
We had 4 runs  that Sunday and even though we ran and ran we did not manage to get any Q's, very disappointing. I really think Mama should play and train with me more often, not only in class but at home too. We have a nice big garden and I know Mama has jumps in the Cabana, tell me how do I let her know?
Mama was a bit stressed out over our lack of Q's and I think she has been thinking about what to change. Up to know she has set me up for a long lead-out, but you know what? She gets me all excited to run and then she sits me down and say "wait", she goes all the way out to the 3rd obstacle, it takes time and I get bored. Then she shouts "come", I am no longer excited and instead of running I just walk, which makes Mama shout "come on - come on - faster - faster" but I lost interest. I tried to tell her.
I think she actually heard me this time because at the trial at Club Agility Montreal on the 2nd of June we got 2 Q's, one in Master Gambler (wow) and one in Master Snooker and we nearly got one more in Master Jumper but I missed a jump. What was so interesting about this trial was that Mama no longer does a long lead-out but she only walks to the other side of the first obstacle, close to the second and then she takes off running and I sprint after her, it is so fun fun fun, I hope she continues this way. Mama tells me that now we only need 1 Snooker, 2 Gamblers and 2 Jumpers for the ATCH.  I want that title I have seen the ribbons and they are stunning lots of colors and nearly bigger than me.
Well we had one more trial at Club Agility Monteregie. We have gone there before but they changed the place. The new place was a delicious one. It used to be a horse farm and let me tell you the smells were so overwhelmingly tempting that I lost it. I simply ran all over, Mama was yelling and yelling, but I did not hear her, I did take some of the obstacles but I do not think it was the right ones so there were no Q's. We only had 2 Standard runs, I promise I will do better next time.
Next weekend, June 24-25-26, Mama tells me we have Regionals (Quebec). It is Club Canin Chomedey which is hosting. That was the first school we went to and I like the teachers and all the people there. It is quite close to where we live so I don't have to spend a lot of time in the car to get there. I hate that car, I will tell you about that at another time. Mama has started to work with me in the garden and also inside the house, especially with this "leave it" and "with me" she seems to say that a lot, it is fun because when I do what she says I get delicious treats and a lots of "good girl's", I hope she continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment