Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Wet Wet Wet

Well we had the trial this weekend. We started on Friday with 3 runs. The weather was warm and nice. This was the first outdoors run of the year and I was very exicted about the whole thing. Mama and Auntie Mary had set up our tent just inside the exit so I had a ball greeting absolutely everybody who came in, I just love saying hi to all and get nice scratches, kisses and hello from them all.
The first run of the day was a Steeplechase, I have only run one of those before but I was ready as was Mama, we started out OK, but then we came to the weaves and I just had to take a look around to see who was there, Mama tried to make me go faster but I did not really feel like it. I got going again but then there was this pinwheel and once again I just had to look around in between 2 jumps. I ran clean but Mama says we ran in 47 sec and only had 41 so we did not get a nice red ribbon (Q). After the steeplechase there was a Jumper and again my nose and curiosity got the better of me and I went in the wrong direction = no red Ribbon here either. The last run was a Standard, it was pretty good, but then Mama wanted me to take the weaves right next to the A-Frame and oh well you know what I chose, the A-Frame, I just love that thing so much fun to go up and down. Mama still told me I was a good girl and I even got treats, my Mama is very nice.
The next day, Saturday, was another story, it rained rained and then rained some more. I don't have a lot of fur, Mama calls it hair, not fur, so I get wet very easily. I don't know how they can expect me to run fast and clean in weather like that, Mama had clothes on I only had my hair. We were supposed to run 8 runs, we ended up only doing 6 Mama finally said "enough" oh was I happy I just wanted to go home and get warm. So all in all it was not a good Trial for Q's. We have another trial this week on Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, 16 runs hopefully we will get a couple of Q's Mama says we need them for the ATCH. I promise to do my very best. It is only 4 runs a day I do think I can handle that, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment