Monday, June 27, 2011

What a weekend

It is Monday and the weekend is over. My feet are sore from all the running and my stomach is also a bit sore because let me tell you I got tons and tons of very delicious treats and a million of “good girl’s”. But let me start at the beginning. Friday we had a normal AAC trial, kind of a “warm-up” for the Regionals on Saturday and Sunday. We had 2 gamblers, a jumper and a standard. The gamblers were impossible, all the mini’s far out and layered, I really don’t know how Mama can expect me to know which jump to take when there are 4 or more to choose from. I did manage to get enough points in one but did not finish the closing and in the 2nd we did not even get the points nor the closing.  In the jumper we were over time and in the standard I missed a jump and was also over time. Well it was just a “warm-up” but Mama got very anxious and nervous, she was so so sure we would not manage to qualify for the Nationals.
Saturday started with a Gambler we only got 25 points but I finished the closing Gambler and Mama nearly fainted. She got a bit upset when she got the results because she said we were over time by 0.32 secs, I don’t think that is very much is it? I heard Mama tell Auntie Mary that we lost out on the 35 bonus points because of that. Then there was the Jumper; Mama and I ran clean, Mama did not lose my attention nor me, I followed her all over, each time she yelled “with me” I was right by her side.  We were over by 5 secs though, but I think that is ok, that is just points taken off the 75 everybody gets to start off with. The last was the Standard. It was a very nice course, but I nearly jumped onto the teeter without touching the yellow so Mama stopped me and put me back on the beginning that, Mama told me, counts as a refusal. We were also over by 6 secs. That means that we got 6+5 points taken off from the 100. All in all it was not a bad day we ended up with 182 points and Mama seemed quite pleased with me and I got treats and treats.
A funny thing happened Saturday; there was this lady who was testing dogs to see if they could be therapy dogs. Mama thought it would be fun to see what I could do so she signed me up.  I did very well, I remembered from obedience how to heel, how to sit when Mama stopped, I let a stranger touch me all over  and I even stayed for 3 mins without Mama in sight. Then came the “big” test, the lady put a piece of cheese on the floor and I was supposed to walk right over it, well come on folks, cheese on the floor, I am a terrier and there is no way I am going to let a piece of cheese go to waste on the floor. Mama tried her best with “leave it” “don’t touch” etc, but if I see a piece of cheese on the floor, it has my name on it and finally I was faster than the lady and Mama and I snapped the cheese right from the floor where it did not belong in the first place, did you not see it said Missy on it? Mama told me we failed the test but I got the cheese!
Sunday for some reason or the other Mama seemed very calm and content so I was happy and content too. We started the day with a Standard we ran clean, I nearly got lost between obstacle 3 and 4 but Mama got me back with “with me” and we continued, then there was a tricky part after the A-frame, there was a very tempting jump just in front of it but we were supposed to take it from the other side where of course there was a very nice tunnel calling my name, but Mama did her best and I followed her. We were over by 5 secs though, but Mama seemed to think it was ok as I got many treats. The next of the day was the Gambler.  Mama took off in front of the dog-walk, but she did not tell me to take it so I did not, she kept running right by the teeter so I did too, nice running straight out without taking any jumps well finally we got to the 2nd mini-gambler it started with a beautiful tire and I took off right into the tunnel behind it, then a jump and around to the 4 point jump, Mama turned and I got to take it again, nice, I love running in circles. Right then I heard the whistle and we took off toward the closing Gambler, jump out to a nice tunnel and wow my favorite the A-frame, it was a bit far out, but I took it nicely, then back to Mama and around the final jump, wow wow we did it. Mama told me we had 22 secs to do that and I did it in 17 so my tail was very proud as was Mama, she said that was 35 bonus points plus 5 bonus points for the time, good eh? The last of the day was the Jumper Mama kept saying to Auntie Mary: “I am going to get lost on this one”. I know that at that point we only needed 1 more point to qualify for Nationals, but I think Mama was sure we were going to get a big fat 0. Well we ran clean clean we did not get lost. We were over by 6 secs, but clean. Mama was very very happy with the day we actually got 235 points in total.
At the end of the day there was the all the prizes to be given out. The rosettes were beautiful and the 1st prize crystal trophies even nicer.  By the time we got to my class, 10” special, Mama had realized that everybody who qualified with over 350 points would get a nice red rosette and the 6 with the highest scores would get placement rosettes so I could feel her energy as being very happy and pleased with the whole weekend.  They read the names and the scores and I ended up in 5th place with 416 points!! Mama did her very best to hide her tears but I know they were right there. My school took 5 1st places, my teacher Yael one of them. Now Mama tells me we are going to the Nationals in Barre Ontario in August and she is so so happy. 
This whole weekend has been a wonderful experience the place was beautiful. It was indoors which was good as it rained all weekend. It was perfectly organized and Club Canin Chomedey deserves a big round of applause for their hard work. I am sure Mama has realized that all our hard work in the garden, in the house and the new lead-out has paid off and I hope she will continue that way so we can get our ATCH.
The next trial is in 2 weeks but first I have to go with Mama to Toronto and visit my big Sister, her husband and baby for the weekend. That means 6 hours in the car - hate that car -. Mama told me Auntie Mary bought me some stuff to spray on my blanket in the car to calm me down. I hope it works I will tell you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment